Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Los Toltecos (Mexian)--Lunch/Dinner

Place: Los Toltecos (mexian)
Address: 5614 Ox Road, Fairfax, VA 22039
Price: $$


This is one of my favvvvvvvvvvorite places to eat when I'm craving Mexican food.  Let me just tell you it's sooooo worth coming here.  Great price, good portions, and great service.  Now, I've been to the Fairfax, VA & Alexandria, VA locations, but they have several other in VA.  I have gone there for lunch and dinner.  Their lunch menu is at average $7 and dinner at about $11-15. 

As soon as you walk in, you are greeted by the person in the front and they will seat you unless you want to sit at the bar.  They will have you look over at the menu (which is a couple of pages) while they get your drinks.  In the mean time they will provide you with complimentary chips and salsa (totally delish).  Their chips are always warm and the salsa actually has taste, not spicy but has a little kick to it.  I recommend their Queso dip too and that is out of this world!!!!! it's a mixture of several cheeses. 


Their menu has a great variety of things to choose from, anywhere from tacos, to fish, enchiladas & burritos, chimichangas, flautas, and quesadillas.  They also have a kids menu.     I've tried numerous items on the menu but I absolutely love their Enchiladas Poblanoes.  You get two chicken enchiladas which is topped with their poblanoes sauce (not spicy, kind of sweet) and it's paired with rice.  I absolutely LOVVEEE it! They give you huge portions. The atmosphere is lively, nice music playing and everyone in the restaurant seems to be enjoying themselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment